Rockville Cemetery is located on Baltimore Road, adjacent to Rockville Civic Center Park, in Rockville, Maryland. The Upper Cemetery area was established in about 1740 as the burial ground for the Prince George’s Parish of the Anglican Church, which was originally located there. A second major section for burials, adjacent to the original acreage and informally known as the Lower Cemetery, was opened in the 1930s and is located farther east along Baltimore Road.
Designated as a Rockville Historic District, Rockville Cemetery is still an active cemetery, with burials, and sales of grave sites and columbarium niches occurring regularly. There are more than 5,000 burials in Rockville Cemetery and room for thousands more.
Representing 275 years of local area history, Rockville Cemetery serves as both a beautiful community landmark and a tranquil final resting place.
Rockville Cemetery Association is dedicated to the spirit, beauty, usability, economic viability, long-term preservation, and enjoyment of historic Rockville Cemetery. RCA maintains Rockville’s oldest cemetery as an active burial place, including gravestone conservation and improvement of landscape, roads, and structures. Public outreach, education, involvement, and responsibility to lot owners strengthen the organization’s relationship to the community.